Thursday 11 January 2018

New year, not so new me






















Writing about feelings is difficult, especially when they're your own.

I remember when I was younger and I tried to start a diary. Whilst writing the day's events was easy, writing about how I felt just wasn't; instead of noting down my inner most thoughts, I'd write how I thought I should feel and embellish the page with sparkly stickers and gel pen doodles. 

Somehow, in diarised form, I'd created this person that I wanted to be, and that person was most definitely not myself.

Even though I would (presumably) be the only person to read my diarised thoughts, I just couldn't bear to spill my real feelings on to the page. Feelings that were messy and uneven and unable to fit into boxes, certainly not something that would look pretty in my brand new diary. 

Now I'm slightly older, being honest to myself comes a little easier, but it's definitely not natural to me. As with everything in my online and offline life, I'll try and portray the best version of myself, even though I'm not sure who she really is.

This is mainly because my feelings still are messy and uneven and unable to fit into boxes - if in doubt, just smile and wave, right?

But I think now, whilst being honest with myself is something I'm still trying to get my head around, I no longer feel that I need to change. 

Wishing you the best of new year's.

xxx






SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I think we can all relate to this. I know I can. I tend to be an open book about some things but others I'll take to my grave. It's hard trying to sort all those emotions out, it's damn tiring too. I think we just have to be patient and work it all out as best as we can. Everyone is unique so there's never going to be a one size fits all either.

    Sxx
    daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking like the absolute transfixing love goddess you are in all these mesmerising shots stunning Georgia, you are the dreamiest muse ever and just exude magic. Those rainbow vibes are heavenly. I love the outpouring of your thoughts, always pure bliss to read. Your poetic justice alongside your bombshell babin' style is cloud nine, I'm so happy you feel no need to change as (without trying to quote Mark Darcy to Bridget Jones) you're perfect "just as you are" ;) <3

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your photography aesthetic, it's so different from mine!

    Beauty & Colour | Vegan Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pictures, you are such a beauty! And I think you are already honest in the context of yourself as this post is definitely a proof!
    With love, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very relatable, especially in our world now. We see too many imagines of what we should be that we forget about our own uniqueness and what makes us special. I stopped following certain accounts on IG because I didn't think it was good for my way of thinking. I think it's good to look up to people but only for inspiration because they also are trying to portray their best self without knowing exactly who that is at times too. Btw, you look absolutely stunning in these photos babe!

    Stacey, thebambieyes.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You may not feel as though you've always been honest with yourself, but it was very honest of you to share that on your blog! I think it's beautiful you no longer feel the need to change yourself, and while we're on the topic of beauty - you look amazing in these photos! Such moody, atmospheric photography. Love!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pictures! you have an amazing style on the expression of photography!
    Please visit my Blog!

    http://www.alessabernal.com/
    Alessa Bernal

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know writing my true feelings on a page just feels so perament but this year I am keeping a journal and kind of excited about it. Happy New Year Lovely!

    Also how do you get such gorgeous photos - these are amazing!

    findyourownhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG this all pictures are so magical and unique. You look awesome on them .

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments and will read and reply to every one <3

© Teandtwosugars
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig